Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- 2018 Consulting Engineers of Alberta (CEA) - Awards of Excellence in Building Engineering - Recreation
- 2018 Consulting Engineers of Alberta (CEA) - Awards of Excellence in Community Development
- 2018 Consulting Engineers of Alberta (CEA) - Award of Merit - Recreational
- 2018 Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) - Awards of Excellence
- 2013 Mayor’s Urban Design Award (MUDA) - City Edge Development
Situated in the middle of a natural park, this 23,330m2 facility is designed to complement the surrounding landscape. Amenities include: competition pool with spectator viewing area, leisure pool with wave system and water slides, hot tubs and steam room, a multi-purpose ice rink, a leisure ice rink, gymnasium (including three full courts with multi-purpose flooring), fitness centre, fitness/aerobics studios, running/walking track, large and small rooms (for studios, classrooms and meeting spaces), daycare/child minding, and food services.
Additional features include: a 279 square metre self-service library (including public seating and study space), art studio and gallery space, theatre with seating for approximately 300, physiotherapy/medical clinic, and pro shop. The outdoor recreation will include a basketball court, pathways and nature trails, play structures and a skateboard park.