We have identified our core competencies that are the observable abilities, skills, knowledge or traits in terms of behaviours needed for successful job performance within our organization:
- Team Performance and Collaboration. Work collaboratively within a team and build on the perspectives of others to achieve common goals.
- Client Service Excellence. Create customer value by building trust, understanding our client’s needs and being reliable.
- Change and Innovation. Challenge the status quo and strive to develop new approaches.
- Results Management. Focus efforts on achieving results consistent with the company’s objectives.
- Continuous Learning and Mentoring. Identify opportunities for growth to enhance professional performance.
- Technical Competencies. Confidently complete the technical requirements required for the role.
Junior Electrical Designer
We are seeking a confident, resourceful and self-motivated Junior Electrical Designer to join our Calgary team, who will work collaboratively to achieve firm-wide goals with a high standard of excellence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following outlines the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of the role. Consequently, this role may be asked to perform other duties, as required:
- Assist the project team with the design of electrical systems for various building facilities, under supervision of a senior electrical designer/electrical engineer
- Working knowledge of electrical design and supporting calculations which may include single line drawings, feeder sizing, panel and distribution board sizing, motor control schedules, fault and voltage drop calculations
- Designs may include power distribution, lighting (indoor and outdoor), power generation, controls, life safety (i.e., fire alarm, public address, and nurse call), voice/data communications and basic
- Security/CCTV systems and lighting calculations
- Prepare drawings in AutoCAD / Revit, preparing project documentation, and coordinating with other engineering disciplines. You may also be asked to attend site visits/reviews and assist with contract administration
- 1-3 years of related professional experience preferred
- Background as an Engineer-in-Training, Certified Engineering Technologist, Technologist-in-Training or Electrician are considered an asset
- Past commercial, retail, office, residential and institutional project experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of provincial and federal electrical and building codes
- Ability to think and act independently and strategically
- Ability to work well in multiple team dynamics, remotely at home (until pandemic restrictions are lifted) or in person in our Calgary office
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment with constant changing deadlines
- Competitive Salary - Commensurate with experience
- Health Spending Account
- Near-downtown Parking Space